Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Further Thoughts Along the Journey - Verse 32 - Trusting in the Flow of the Tao

     Often we hear the phrase, "Go with the Flow" or "Let go, let God."  When I first became aware of such concepts, I instinctively knew I had to pay attention.  I was in a place where all effort was seemingly consumed with worry and frustration.  I know I needed relief, an easing of the pressure, but how exactly does one let go and let God and let the flow take place?

     I imagine it is different for everyone but here is what I do to get myself back into that harmonious place where I feel the flow of the beneficent Universe.

     I breathe.  Keeping focus on my breath directs my attention to the flow of air as it fills my lungs and as it leaves my body.  "Breathing in peace, breathing out love.

     I take a walk or if the weather is inclement, I exercise and dance to music.  The sounds and sights of nature remind me of the great care our Source takes with each of Its creations.  I remind myself, I too am one.

     I read inspiring works, words that uplift and give hope and comfort.

    I give thanks.  I enumerate all I am grateful for from the smallest to the largest - the gift of life and the opportunity to grow in wisdom and compassion.

     I show appreciation by giving a smile to a neighbor or friend, a complement, a shared joy, a word of comfort, a sympathetic ear.

     Letting go, letting the flow of Goodness which is ever present brings me to a new place, a place where new possibilities are present, energized by a heart full of hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment