Saturday, May 21, 2016

Further Thoughts Along the Journey - Verse 33 - Relinquishing Control

  One of the greatest lessons I have learned in this life is you can't control everything; you can only control what goes on in your own head.  By controlling I don't mean stifling thoughts, chastising yourself for errors in judgment or feelings of dismay, anger or any inharmonious emotion.  Letting feelings of this kind have their lifespan of appearing and subsiding allow their natural demise and the return to peace and equilibrium will follow.   

 Let me touch with my heart and mind that calm
 River of Love that flows always and can never be
 diminished.

 Let me breathe in Its air of clarity and                          wisdom which surrounds and infills me to                    guide me to Its peace.

 Let me come home to Its sanctuary of love
 that awaits me through the barriers I erect
 and can open with faith in Its power to redeem.

No comments:

Post a Comment